Each school has a Parent Liaison who is responsible for engaging the parents and guardians in the school community. The position answers to the Assistant Superintendent of School Improvement. The Parent Liaison’s functions include:
- Creating a welcoming environment at the school for parents and guardians.
- Working with the Office of School Improvement, principal, school staff and PTA to identify parent and related school community issues to see that they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assisting parents in setting goals and education development for their children.
- Partnering with community groups and agencies to promote their involvement in the school and provide information and direction as needed.
- Meeting with the principal or the principal’s designee(s) to develop and review work plans and assess the impact of the liaison’s work on student outcomes.